As we move through the last week of camp, it’s the perfect time to look back on the highlights of the summer and hear about the campers’ favorite memories! Campers enjoyed many special events throughout the summer. They displayed their group pride at the Banner Parade, splashed and slid down the slippery slides at the Water Carnival, watched in awe as the Cirque-tacular acrobats flipped and flew, and chowed down during the Pancake Breakfast. With all these great happenings, it must be hard for campers to choose just one favorite moment.
Nevertheless, we sat down with some campers and asked them about one special memory from camp and what they will miss the most.
- Anya from the Yellow group said that the best part of camp is swimming and playing “Mermaids” with her friends. She said that she will miss “tracking” where she really enjoyed painting.
- Hunter G. from B-2 enthusiastically stated that his favorite camp moment was soaring down the water slides at the Water Carnival and that he will miss ceramics, where he made a bowl and a turtle.
- Gabrielle from C-11 said that she loved the mini-golf, frisbee, and gaga clubs and that she will miss gaga the most.
- Jordy from D-16 recalled how much fun it was eating s’mores during his Late Night and said that he’s going to miss canoeing and seeing his friends.
- Nate from E-28, who’s finishing his 6th summer at Camp Riverbend, predicted that his favorite memory from summer 2016 will be the last day of camp because how special it is and that he will miss seeing all of his camp friends every day.
- Clare from F-29 said that she really liked the Cirque-tacular performers and will miss her camp friends the most.
As we wrap up the last few days and bid farewell to the campers, ask your child what he or she enjoyed most about their summer at Camp Riverbend. We hope that your camper leaves Riverbend with memories and friends that last a lifetime. Enjoy the rest of your summer and hopefully we will see you next year!