Camp Riverbend begins Monday, July 1st. Are you ready? Or are you feeling slightly panicky at the thought of the bus coming Monday morning and having everything ready? Here are some tips to make sure you are ready come bus pick-up time.
- Have everything packed the night before to minimize the morning rush.
- Make sure everything is labeled with your child’s last name and first initial.
- Pack 2 towels, a 2nd bathing suit, and a change of clothes.
- A water bottle, for frequent hydrating through the day. (There are tons of water coolers and water fountains for refilling.)
- An extra sunscreen, also labeled. This will probably stay at camp.
- Any other items that will make your camper make comfortable, like a sun hat, sunglasses, etc.
- Lunch – are you packing or ordering? Make sure you set up your account and order the lunch in the timeframe suggested.
- Your camper should wear a bathing suit under their clothes to camp, as well as sunscreen.
- Make sure your child has a good breakfast before camp, so they have energy to enjoy their morning.
- On the first day of camp, your campers should wear the name tag they were given last weekend.
When your camper arrives home off the bus in the afternoon, they will most likely need a snack and a cold drink. They may need a little downtime, a shower, or just time to chill out for a few minutes. Ask them specific questions to help get more than just one word answers or the famous, “nothing”, when you ask what they have done all day. Don’t forget to check out our facebook page and twitter feed for information on what happened during the day or upcoming events.
Whenever your camper begins camp at Camp Riverbend this summer, whether this Monday or later in the season, we hope they enjoy it as much as we do!
- Rainy Days at Camp Riverbend (campriverbend.wordpress.com)
- The Camp Nurse (campriverbend.wordpress.com)
- Bullying at camp (campriverbend.wordpress.com)
- Nervous about camp? (campriverbend.wordpress.com)
- What’s for lunch? (campriverbend.wordpress.com)